To align IT with business strategy and to reduce IT operating costs, effective IT strategy is critical to provide the blueprint, IT security policy and governance, and roadmap for technology investments.
This lack of effective IT strategy is the key contributing factor for many incoherent technological implementations that have failed to meet business expectations. This can be traced back to the lack of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to help organisation to develop cost-effective and business-aligned IT strategy, security policy and technology architecture.
Together with GreenLeanSys, which was established by a former Chief Technology Officer and ACCO Technology in 2010 to help organisations to transform or improve their IT and productivity management, we are pleased to introduce the following IT strategy services to help our clients to improve their IT management:
At GreenLeanSys, your business strategy and its alignment with IT are at the centre of our IT Strategy consulting. To ensure this tight alignment, our experienced IT Transformation Strategist uses a 5-steps approach to develop your IT strategy to implement CRM, ERP, cloud, virtualization, IT Telephony, social media and mobility technologies or ITIL service management:
Step 1: Understand your business goals and challenges.
Step 2: Assess your existing IT systems, networks and software applications.
Step 3: Determine the technological gap between future business strategy and current IT investments.
Step 4: Develop new IT architecture, technological capabilities, policy and support recommendations to support the business strategy.
Step 5: Develop a IT technology investment roadmap to achieve the business strategy and IT strategy alignment.
IT Security Policy identifies the rules and procedures for all individuals accessing and using your organization’s IT assets and resources. It seeks to preserve the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and information used by your staffs and management.
This is to protect your organisation’s information assets from unauthorized entities, ensure that their modifications are handled in a specified and authorized manner, and to have continuous access to these information assets.
Together with GreenLeanSys, our experienced IT Transformation Strategist will help your organisation to develop this IT Security Policy document accordance with the best-practices of the ISO 27000, an internationally-recognized standard for information security management:
- Information Security Policy
- Organisation of information security
- Physical and environment security
- Human resource security
- Access control
- Supplier relationship
- Asset management
- Operations security
- Systems acquisition, development and maintenance
- Information security incident management
- Information security aspects of business continuity management
- Communications security
To ensure a commercial property is designed to fulfill its principal use safely and as intended, qualified architect is used to plan, design and review a building’s construction. Similarly, a competent IT architect is also needed to plan, design and review a IT project implementation.
With the help of GreenLeanSys, we have experienced IT architect that can help your organisation to perform such IT architecture role. A sample IT architecture as designed by our consultant to implement a Microsoft-centric digital IT strategy as requested by client is shown below.
This IT architectural design is developed to provide an overarching blueprint to ensure cost-effective investment to implement a digital business strategy. The architecture comprises of the following key technology components:
- A Microsoft Dynamics CRM to facilitate customer interaction, lead management, 360 view of customer and its integration with Skype for Business and Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP.
- A Microsoft Social Listening app on top of CRM solution to monitor and collect social media intelligence.
- A Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP to simplify and streamline integrated supply chain, service and finance management, and its integration with Skype for Business and a Self-Service Portal.
- A Self-Service Portal integrating with the NAV supply chain and service business processes to enable request for quote, shop and order, return, feedback, service request, vendor’s PO and RFQ response through the internet.
- Use of tablet for electronic signing of logistics and service documents.
- Skype for Business to enable internet-based calling from ERP, CRM, Office 365 and to manage call routing with a traditional digital PBX system.